FAMILY: It is our daily source of strength; one for all and all for one. It is tomorrow’s everlasting legacy that promotes vicarious living and being, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Therefore, we are to be mindful how we connect relationally. May our hearts, voices, and hands always reflect God’s unconditional love, patience, and compassion.
Seven models that fosters greater Christian living for the Family of God:
- Focus upon the strengths of others instead of their weaknesses. God can and will use circumstances to shape us into His image in a greater way.
- As you note errors of poor judgement, do not judge (Matt 7:1; James 4:11); for greater condemnation may befall you.
- Be patient with one another and always open to reconciliation.
- Provide acts of kindness, often. However, let it not be out of contrition, obligation, or any form of bribery (alternative motives). Those acts are meaningless for true relationships.
- Always, be true to yourself. Know who you are in Him. Know that His plans for you are good; so very good (Jer. 29:11-14). Therefore, genuinely love, esteem, and inspire others (Phil. 2:3-4, Luke 10:27). What God has for you is for you! You do not have to strive, undermine, or scheme. It’s there for you already. Just trust the process.
- Remember, meekness and fortitude are inseparable twins that will develop a compassionate Christ-life heart.
- Last but not least, give God all the glory, honor, and praise that is due his name (Eph. 5:20).
As we adhere to these seven models of living and being, our journey will be more enjoyable, His Presence more evident, and our purpose on this side of glory more focused. Blessings to you all!